1. What is the novel coronavirus? A novel coronavirus is a new coronavirus that has not previously identified. It has been named as COVID-19. It is not the same as the coronaviruses that are known to circulate among humans.
2. How does the virus spread? The virus that causes COVID-19 thought to spread mainly from person to person, through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly inhaled into the lungs. Spread is more likely when people are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
3. What is a community spread? Community spread means people have been infected with the virus in an area, including some who are not sure how or where they became infected.
4. Will warm weather stop the outbreak/spread of COVID-19? It is not yet known whether weather and temperature affect the spread of COVID-19. Some other viruses, like those that cause the common cold and flu, spread more during cold weather months but that does not mean it is impossible to become sick with these viruses during other months. There is much more to learn about the transmissibility, severity, and other features associated with COVID-19 and investigations are ongoing.
5. How long do COVID-19 patients need to be isolated? According to ICMR guidelines, a period of 17 days has fixed for Home Isolation Patients in Navi Mumbai. If a person is admitted/Institutional Isolation, one has to stay in isolation for 7 days after coming home.
6. Is there a need to get tested for COVID-19 after the home isolation period is over? No. As per the ICMR's guidelines, there is no need for re-testing after completing isolation period if the patient doesn't show any symptoms.
7. Where can I get free Covid-19 test in Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation? Click on the below link for detailed information regarding the same.
8. Does the Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation make the medicines available? Yes. In some cases and upon urgency NMMC provides medicines. For this, one needs to contact the nearest medical officer.
|SrNo||NAGARI PRATHAMIK AAROGYA KENDRA||Medical Officer Name||Telephone Number(O)||Telephone Number(M)|
|1||C.B.D||DR. ARCHANA TAYADE||27578593||9820328860|
|2||KARAVE||DR. KAVITA BORDE||27702377||8080897293|
|3||NERUL SECTOR 48||DR. PRAVIN KATAKE||27700121||9833913958|
|4||KUKSHET||DR. ASHOK JADHAV||8898013353|
|5||NERUL PHAZE 1||DR. SANJAY AATHAVALE||27700113||9967836225|
|6||NERUL PHAZE 2||DR. DARSHANA WAGHMARE||27721826||9769481221|
|7||SHIRAVANE||DR. PUSHPA JAVADE||27709156||7710017799|
|8||INDIRA NAGAR||DR. MAITHILI SHINDE||27613644||9892153182|
|9||SANPADA||DR. MAHESH CHAVHAN||27750982||9820499399|
|10||TURBHE||DR. KAILASH GAIKWAD||27633553||9594289898|
|11||JUHUGAON||DR. VIDYA VERMA||27658187||98690009509987732960|
|12||VASHIGAON||DR. MANEKA PATIL||27821702||9870386329|
|13||PAVANE||DR. VANDANA NARAYANE||27688128||9892243172|
|15||KHAIRANE||DR. UJWWALA BARAPATRE||27552933||9322642788|
|16||GHANSOLI||DR. VAISHALI MHATRE||27602387||8097891529|
|17||NOSILNAKA||DR. APARNA MALVANKAR||65650901||9930688668|
|18||RABADA||DR. VARSHA TALEGAONKAR||27695969||9867237584|
|19||KATAKARIPADA||DR. BHAVANA BANSODE||27860595||9324793173|
|20||AIROLI||DR. SACHIN CHITNIS||27697924||9967651705|
|21||CHINCHPADA||DR. SUSHMA SARUKTE||22904778||9702335919|
|22||DIGHA||DR. RATNESH MHATRE||27792388||9820981223|
|23||ILTHANPADA||DR. MILIND VASAVE||27797668||9892960824|
9. Can someone from Corporation health center come to home for sample collection (Covid19) ? No, Covid 19 sample collection and testing is done only at testing center.
10. I want to donate blood/plasma, where can I approach? Click on the below link for detailed information regarding the same.
11. Want sanitization in house/building premises? Kindly contact your ward officer for sanitization related problems.
|SrNo||Ward||Officer Name||Telephone Number(O)||Telephone Number(M)|
|1||Belapur||Shri. Shashikant Tandel||27570610 / email@example.com|
|2||Nerul||Shri. Sanjay Taydefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Vashi||Shri. Mahendrasingh Thoke||27655370 / email@example.com|
|4||Turbhe||Smt. Angai Salunkhefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Koperkhairane||Shri. Ashok Madhaviemail@example.com|
|6||Ghansoli||Shri. Dattatray Nagarefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Airoli||Shri. Anant Jadhavemail@example.com|
|8||Digha||Smt. Priyanka Kalsekarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
12. Want to talk to a doctor about health? To consult with doctor, Kindly contact on following number 022 35155012
13. Where I would get Fitness Certificate after completion of isolation period? For any fitness certificate related query, Kindly contact medical officer for more details.
14. What is the difference between Rapid Antigen Test and RT-PCR? All the tests available in the market for testing of COVID-19 have their pros and cons but RT-PCR remains the gold standard for testing. RT-PCR is performed by taking swabs from nasal and oral tracts which are then put in a viral transport medium and brought to the lab. It is processed under biosafety level 2 plus facilities; then RNA (Ribonucleic acid) extraction is done to detect the presence of the virus. RT-PCR test has a sensitivity rate of about 75%. This means, RT-PCR test will not give false positives, but there are 30-35 per cent chances of getting false negatives. For Rapid Antigen Test, Nasopharyngeal swabs are collected by trained healthcare workers. RAT detects the presence of viral proteins in a sample from the respiratory tract of a person. However, it is capable of giving more false negatives as it has a moderate sensitivity rate of about 65%.
According to the ICMR protocol, if RAT gives the negative result and an individual has symptoms like Fever, Coughing, Loss of smell and taste, etc. then he/she should undergo RT-PCR test.
15. What is the current status of Bed Availability in Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation? Click on the link below http://nmmchealthfacilities.com
16. How to handle the Oxygen Cylinder at home? It is not advisable to use an oxygen cylinder at home. However, kindly contact your nearest physician for more details.
17. What is the hospital admission procedure in case of an emergency? Click on the link below http://nmmchealthfacilities.com